Spring Break

Abigail Hurtt, Staff Writer

It’s hard to believe, but Spring Break is fast approaching. I don’t know about you, but to me it feels like Christmas was yesterday!  Whether you’re spending your break on the couch or away on an exotic trip, here are some spring break ideas that just about anyone can do.

If you are not able to go on a grand vacation, your parents might be willing to discuss going on a short road trip nearby. Some fun places that you can get to in less than a day include, Dallas, any city in Colorado, Santa Fe, or Taos. Even though these aren’t the most lavish of vacation spots, a road trip can still be lots of fun! Just be sure to stock up on snacks and bring something to do, or if you get carsick take a nap and listen to some music.

If a short road trip isn’t an option, you can still make the most out of your spring break from your house. Try doing something you’ve been putting off for a long time like cleaning out your closet, organizing school supplies, or working on a project. If you don’t have any of your own chores to do, you can help out someone else by volunteering at the local food bank or women’s shelter. Doing something productive is one of the best ways to beat boredom.

Another great way to stay busy is by making something like a craft or baking a cake or cookies. It keeps you busy and at the end you have a finished product you can hang on your wall or put in your stomach.

Some other more ideas that you can never go wrong with include going to see a movie, going to the park, or shopping. Personally, one of my favorite things to do is explore downtown and then grab something tasty to eat for lunch. You can do this with a friend/family member, or just enjoy some alone time on your week off.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy the time off and unwind from all your stresses and responsibilities.