‘Couples Retreat’ worth the money

This romantic comedy was definitely worth paying $7.25 for. Actors Vince Vaughn, Malin Akerman, Faizon Love and Kristen Bell played their roles phenomenally. However, I was not too impressed with Kali Hawk or Tasha Smith. Their acting wasn’t very convincing.
I walked into the theater expecting to see a cheesy show. What I ended up watching was so much better. I was laughing throughout the movie and I almost didn’t want it to end. The characters were all easily distinguishable and quirky in their own way, which made things quite interesting.
The setting was in a beautiful resort and was perfect for the plot of the story. Four married couples go to the Eden Resort, a resort designed to help troubled married couples. Three of the couples simply wanted to have some fun while the other couple was counting on the vacation to determine the fate of their marriage. Eventually, they leave to search for a lost spouse and they wind up at Eden East, the resort on the other side of the island. The resort is strictly for singles and is a time for partying, drinking and hooking up. After an interesting night of “fun”, they go back to Eden West for their last couple’s skill building exercise and discover that they’ve all changed in several ways over the past week.
I definitely recommend going to see this movie for a romantic date or even a fun night out with friends. The runtime is 1 hour 47 minutes and is rated PG-13.

View Comments (1)