’21 Jump Street’ takes the lead over all other comedies

The film, 21 Jump Street, released in theatres Mar. 16 is a more than laughable film that without a doubt made the top list of comedies ever made. 21 Jump Street is not just a stab at what a comedy means, like so many other films portray, but a pure success.

Jonah was the dorky nobody and Schmidt was the popular jock, the kind who pushed kids like Jonah into lockers. The film, directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, depicts Schmidt (Jonah Hill, Get Him to the Greek, 2010) and Jenko (Channing Tatum, The Eagle, 2011) as they join together once again, not as rivals but the best of friends when they reunite at the police academy. However, the police force is not what they thought it would be, when they end up merely riding around on their bikes patrolling the city park. Their lives and their friendship are ultimately put to the test when they are sent back to high school on a hilarious undercover journey to infiltrate a ring spreading the use of a synthetic drug.

The film, rated R for crude and sexual content and drug material and drinking involving teens. The content in this movie is definitely not made for children and parental discretion is advised. The movie gets a 8 out of 10 for supplying tons of belly laughs that so many other movies promise but do not fulfill.  21 Jump Street is definitely a movie worth paying the money for.