Lincoln doesn’t disappoint

Steven Spielberg retells the story of the 16th president in his latest movie “Lincoln”. The movie focuses not just on the Civil War, but also on the internal struggle in congress and even within Lincoln’s cabinet. Lincoln and his supporters spend most of the movie trying to convince Democrats and even a few Republicans to vote in favor of the 13th amendment. The movie also focuses on Lincoln’s struggling relationships with his son, Robert Lincoln played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Mary Todd played by Sally Field.

Daniel Day-Lewis gives a wonderful performance as Lincoln. While everyone alive today has only seen pictures and heard stories of the famous president, Day-Lewis brings the character to life and allows the viewers to hear his speeches and see what he did in his lifetime. Gordon-Levitt, Field, and Tommy Lee Jones, who played Thaddeus Stevens, also gave great performances, making 1860s America come to life on the screen.

The movie is rated PG-13, and is a bit long, at two and a half hours; however, the story is very intriguing, and will keep viewers entertained throughout the whole movie. They also might learn a thing or two about America’s history.