Ms. Lee Stribling joins the Raider Hall of Fame

Ms. Lee Stribling earned the fifteenth spot in the Randall High School Hall of Fame on Friday for the learning values she instilled during her time there as an English instructor.

A member of the original staff at Randall, Stribling served 19 years as a teacher of English, being one of the first to embark on the Pre-AP track, and co-sponsored Randall’s first National Honor Society.  Stribling said she was genuinely humbled to receive the award.

“It was an honor to be recognized for something I enjoy doing,” Stribling said.

Steve Williams described Stribling as an incredible teacher.

“She was a driving force in establishing the high academic standards of Randall today and has become a model of lifelong learning,” Williams said.

Stribling is a rare addition to the Hall of Fame in that not many English teachers have been inducted before her.

“This demonstrates how well-rounded Randall is,” Stribling said. “It’s not just good in athletics, but well-recognized in academics as well.”

D’Ann Moutos, current AP English teacher at Randall and former colleague of Stribling, said Stribling taught her organization skills.

“We met in 1988 when the school opened and became close friends,” Moutos said. “Anytime we had AP meetings I depended on her to keep us on track.”

Stribling retired in 2006 after 30 years of teaching, and now works for the American Quarter Horse Association as a Traffic Coordinator. She remarks that it was time to move on when she did.

“I enjoyed my years of teaching,” Stribling said. “I worked with a great group of people.”