Fall show in full swing

Theater students are preparing for their annual fall show which will be performed Nov. 17- 19 in the auditorium.

Last year, they performed the drama “A Streetcar named Desire.” This year’s show will be a comedy called “Can’t take it with you.” As they set new goals for the year, the team said they hope to produce a show as successfully as last year’s. Senior Caitlyn Shafer said she has set her own individual goals that will hopefully help the cast in preparing for the show.

“This year we will need to be focused on our goals,” Shafer said. “We are trying to work on being more of a family with all of our new cast members.”

Shafer said in order to achieve a successful show they will need to practice and work hard.

“This year we will be expected to always be focused,” Shafer said. “We will also need to be on time for rehearsal.”

Shafer said the cast will also be expected to enjoy the show and have fun as they perform it. Junior Emily Key said having more time to prepare for the show this year will be extremely beneficial for the cast.

“The only challenge for this year’s show will be actually pulling off a comedy because we’ve been doing dramas for over 3 years,” Key said. “However, the comedic relief is what I’m looking forward to most in this show.”

Key said she plans to practice every day and rehearse as much as possible with the entire cast. She also said the team will have to work together in order to make a great production.

“I think as a class we all work well together,” Key said. “We’re working towards a common goal, which is to have a [great] show!”

As long as they prepare with plenty of rehearsals, Key said the cast will only have to work hard and stay on task. With these tactics, Key said this year’s show will continue to be as outstanding as each year before.

“Last year’s show was great,” Key said. “[This year] we will continue to live up to our reputation.”