Texting while driving

Texas has banned all texting while driving Thursday August 27. Although not texting while driving could save many lives, many people have broken the new law by simply ignoring it.

Texting while driving is completely risky.  People who text when they drive are careless and self-centered.

Texting while driving increases car crashes.  People need to be extremely careful to keep their eyes on the road.  There are plenty of distractions such as the radio and other people in the car.  The last thing people need is a car crash due to a careless text message check on a cell phone.

There have been about 2,000-3,000 deaths a year due to driving and texting at the same time.  Head on collisions are the worst kind of crash and when people text; their eyes are on their phone and not the road.  Some of the deaths caused by texting and driving are innocent people who get hit by the person who is on their phone. 

Texting while driving has always been looked down on, but now it is illegal.  If someone texts in the car while they are driving, they are breaking the law and can be ticketed for it.  Breaking the law for a simple text is not worth accidently killing someone.

Some people think that texting while driving is harmless and not distracting.  The carelessness of some of the people will cause many more accidents and many more deaths in the United States.  If someone gets a text while driving, they can easily pull over and check their phone.  Focus needs to be on the road at all times while driving.  Driving needs to be taken more seriously.

If people kept their phones in their pockets or in their purses, many deaths and car crashes would be prevented every day.  Purchasing a Bluetooth would be beneficial to all drivers so everyone could have two hands on the wheel.  Texting while driving is a ludicrous reason to die.