Conservative values give Rick Perry edge over other presidential candidates

On Aug. 13 Texas governor Rick Perry announced his candidacy for president in 2013. Since that day, the race has undergone a drastic change. Before, Republicans thought Mitt Romney would be the next president, but Perry, winning the hearts of conservatives everywhere, has burst his way to the front of the race. It’s not just his charming hair, ladies and gentlemen, it’s his strong and fiscally conscious views, fresh and fearless take on healthcare and national security, and reliable social and governmental ethos that are sure to make him the next President of the United States.

Rather than “Yes We Can,” Perry’s chant is more along the lines of “All Obama Did Was Increase Government Spending And Drive Our American Lives Into The Ground.” Perry’s plan is different. As president he plans to number one: not spend all the money and number two: cut taxes while still maintaining good, fair regulations. He has already shown through his three terms as Texas governor he’s the best quality of economic conscience, being that the state of Texas holds the nation’s strongest economy. Texas prides itself in having the lowest tax rates in the U.S.  and has created 40 percent of all new jobs in the nation since 2009, thanks to Governor Perry. It’s safe to say Perry would be the one to get America out of the economical hole Obama deviously dug for us.

Perry’s first response to healthcare as president: throw Obamacare out and get back to the drawing board. From there, he’ll focus on creating more jobs, giving Americans more opportunity to be covered by employment insurance and reduce the strain on Medicaid.

Even more than the healthcare issue, the Obama administration has appeared weak when approached with issues of national security and talks with other countries. For maximum security for our nation, Perry has expressed that he will begin by creating a strong, steadfast economy and definitely do more than apologize to other nations. With Perry as president, we’ll appear enduring and powerful but remain in the safe no-kill zone with other countries. It doesn’t stop there. Perry will not only secure and restore our national integrity but pay special attention to our border security as well.

The one thing we could use less of in this country is the watering down of our own Constitution and if we would actually stick to it, America wouldn’t be in the mess it is now. Our founding fathers knew what they were doing when they provided the right to life to everyone, even unborn children. Perry’s view on the abortion controversy may step on some toes, but he opposes government funding for abortion and earlier this year he signed a state law requiring all doctors to conduct a sonogram before performing an abortion procedure.

On the issue of same-sex marriage, he supports the same-sex anti- sodomy law in the state of Texas. He compares homosexuality to alcoholism, that it is simply a choice of lifestyle. We’re warping the meaning of marriage: one man, one woman and Perry’s motives will ultimately keep marriage like it needs to be. However, Perry is not as hard-headed and impulsive as he may seem with his views of these issues. His heart remains affixed and faithful to his views of the 10th amendment, which protects state’s rights in deciding these issues, and sincerely believes himself that the issues are purely the states’ business.

Because Perry is strong on these issues and even more his self-proclaimed Christian beliefs, many Americans are rooting for him, but it’s also because of these issues that many are not. There’s nothing wrong with having a Christian in office that’s mainly conservative. Last we recalled, America is not a liberal nation, but liberal and conservative, and not only is it a Muslim, Atheist, whatever religion you proclaim nation, it is a Christian nation as well.