Senior signs with division one university

Family and friends gathered around the gym decorated in red. Settling down behind the table, Senior Justin Jennings glances at the packet of paper in front of him. A couple of signatures will set his future for the next 4 years.  As he turns the page and slides the ballpoint pen across the line, he agrees to attend Nebraska University to play golf. Years of practice and dedication have finally paid off, and Justin may now look forward to his future playing collegiate level golf.

On Nov. 16 students, faculty and coaches gathered in the west gymnasium to congratulate Justin on his signing with the Nebraska golf team. Justin will move to Nebraska and begin practicing with his new golf team at the end of the summer.

“My goals are to play all four years, become an All American, All Conference and set as many school records as possible,” Justin said.

Although Justin is making a big change, he said his family supports him every step of the way.

“We are extremely excited to watch Justin continue to develop his golf game at the division one level,” Justin’s mom, Janelle, said.