New discovery from the past, the Pegomastax

Scientists have newly identified fossils from dinosaurs dating back to more than 200 million years ago called a Pegomastax calling it the “Dracula Dinosaur. Since then, in the 1960’s researchers in South Africa found a bizarre miniature fanged plant eaters, also known as heterodontosaurs, in a red rock slab. Embedded on the rock were remains of a creature with a short parrot-like beak, one-inch jaws, sharp teeth, and a skill about three inches long. These fossils were eventually returned to The South African Museum in Cape Town. The New York Times states, “Dr. Sereno said it was “’very rare that a plant-eater like Pegomastax would sport sharp-edged enlarged canines.”’ Some scientists suggested that the creature may have consumed some meat or at least insects” more research and discoveries of this prehistoric creature are still being made and looked at. Examining body parts and how or what the creature ate is being based on appearance also.  Another characteristic of the new species, Dr. Sereno said, is that its body may have been covered in quills, like those of a porcupine. If so, he pictured that in life Pegomastax would have scampered around in search of suitable plants, looking something like a “nimble two-legged porcupine.”