Preparing for College is More Than Filling Out Applications

Paige James, Staff Writer

Preparing for college is stressful. Choosing colleges to apply for, filling out the application, filling out scholarship applications, and picking which college to attend after getting accepted are all difficult aspects. The hardest aspect is finding a roommate. I decided to attend The University of Texas at Austin (UT). The campus has 15 residence halls and trying to find someone with the same dorm preferences as me that I have something in common with is not easy. Other students planning to attend UT in the fall created a roommate slideshow where students can post preferences, information about themselves, and what they’re looking for in a roommate. I decided to make a slide about a month ago, but I had no luck finding a roommate. The university’s housing department gives roommate suggestions based on answers to multiple lifestyle questions, so I messaged multiple people to see if they would be interested in rooming together in the fall and I have received several responses, but none of them have worked out. I may end up having to let UT randomly pair me up with another student. I just hope I get a good roommate and everything works out.