Songs top iTunes download list

Songs top iTunes download list

This week, some of the most downloaded songs on iTunes include Paparazzi by Lady GaGa, Party in the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus, Watcha Say by Jason Derulo, Fireflies by Owl City, and Run This Town by Jay-Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West.

Party in the U.S.A., the number one download, is not half bad.  I usually can’t stand Miley Cyrus but surprisingly, I enjoy this song.  It has a good beat which makes it fun to dance to when no one is looking and sing along in an off key and rather loud manner.  Watcha Say, the number two most downloaded song, is ok.  It has an interesting beat in places but it sounds like a lot of other songs that are out.  I’m not super impressed with it.  I’m a little disappointed with Lady GaGa’s new song, Paparazzi.  She generally seems to come up with some good songs that are upbeat and fun to listen to, but this is a deviation from her usual style.  It isn’t bad…it’s just not that good.  Run This Town is considered to be explicit.  I listened to the edited version and liked the beat however, based on the blanks in the music, it must be pretty bad.  I wouldn’t recommend it if you do not appreciate certain language.  Finally, Owl City’s Fireflies is my absolute fave this week.  I loooove this song!  It’s sound is VERY unique and makes me feel super good inside, though I can’t figure out why.  It is mostly a song about bugs but it is composed in a way that makes the most bug fearing of people want to sing along.  This is one of the best songs I have heard in weeks!

Though there are one or two songs that I would like to download from this group, and most of them get stuck in my head for days on end,  I’m not very impressed with this selection.