Tale of Two Cities makes a beautiful love story

Love Story. These two words are not ones that are normally associated with the name Charles Dickens. But that is what Tale of Two Cities is. This book is based in London and Paris, the two cities referred to in the title, during the French Revolution. It follows the life of Parisian born Lucie Manette and her father, who’s just gotten out of prison after 18 years, Dr. Manette, and the people and danger they encounter throughout their life during the Revolution. Charles Dickens managed to create an intricate web of characters, and by the end, they all relate to each other in some way. Whether through marriage, friendship, dangerous situations, or long held secrets everyone connects to everyone and you won’t know every relation until the end. It’s a tale of sacrifice, love, family ties, mans cruelty to man, and revenge. This book is a little hard to understand because of Dickens’ signature backwards sentence alignment, but by the end of the book all of the work put into it pays off with the absolutely beautiful ending.