Vans Warped Tour sets summer dates

Summer vacation is slowly creeping up on the student body and there’s no hiding the excitement and anticipation. Travelling, relaxing poolside or even just sleeping in late create just a small handful of things one can expect out of a three-month-long youth liberation. But for thousands of underground alternative, pop-punk,  hardcore, synth-metal, indie, skateboarding fans around the country, Vans Warped Tour is the place to be this summer.

The annual nationwide festival celebrates its 18th birthday this year and, as always, is open to all ages. From June 16 – August 5, Warped Tour is sure to deliver mind-blowing performances from over 100 different bands. The travelling act requires pretty large venues to accomodate the 5-6 different stages along with every last bands; merchandise thents. These tents also serve as autograph signing stands. Signings occur throughout the whole day and while many are for scheduled times, there are just as many that are completely casual and informal. In fact, it’s not at all un-common to spot band members walking around the venue freely, so keeping a camera and something to sign close by would be wise. A few bands taking the Mainstage this year include: All Time Low, Rise Against, Taking Back Sunday and Four Year Strong. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. and security will take care of kicking kids out anywhere from 8:00-10:00 p.m., depending on the venue.

Las Cruces, NM – Jun 29

San Antonio, TX – Jun 30

Huston, TX – July 1

Dallas, TX – July 3

For more dates visit www.vanswarpedtour.com