New bands bring more variety of music

I decided this week to go out into the community of high schoolers and ask them what topic they would like to hear about. I collected a list and decided to choose one from the list for each week until I finish the list. This week, I found new bands to be of interest to my research.

Unbeknownst to some, new bands pop up almost every day bringing a new scene to the music world. With new genres popping up, new bands have many styles of music to rock a beat.

A musical site titled, “A New Band a Day,” or “ANBAD,” researches bands and writes about how they feel about the band. The first band popping up is named “Redfoot.” In researching, I found they have a site: redfootmusic.com. They are a band based in the genre of folk rock and Americana, founded in Kentucky in 2005 (so not extremely new, but still fairly new). They have had three “upgrades,” or leaving members replaced by new additions, throughout the years.

The band heralds a debut, full-length album titled “Winnowing Fork.” Released in 2007 on Bad Apple Records, the band received critical acclaim for their debut. In addition to playing Christmas concerts, the band, as of late 2011, is planning on releasing a sequel to “Winnowing Fork.”

In their review, ANBAD said, “Redfoot keep it simple, and by doing so, reveal the soft, convoluted underbelly of normality. This is a scarce talent.”

Indeed it is a scarce talent.