Get wrapped up in fall fashions

Get wrapped up in fall fashions

Season to season, fashions go through dramatic changes as designers challenge years past with fresh takes on classic ideas. This year is no exception. While bright, eccentric, “notice me” colors were an essential for the summer, the colors of fall favor rich earthy and jewel tones, but are equally bold.  Layers are still as much a must as they were this summer, but this trend transitions with the weather into the chunkiest knits, full scarves, and the season’s most talked about trend:  leggings. Sure, in the past mid-calf leggings felt fashion forward, but they’ve taken on a new level of importance for a fashionista. Like with all trends, there are accompanying rules in order for them to be worn with confidence. Leggings fit into the layering trend perfectly, meant not to be worn alone like in the 80’s, but with the perfect denim mini or short knit dress belted at the waist as appropriate coverage, doubling as a great wind-breaker for the legs.  Of course, one shouldn’t rely completely on leggings when the temperature goes down. Jeans are still the ultimate wardrobe staple. Styles this season range from tattered and distressed to the clean lined, trouser fit. Another style that was introduced this summer in the form of capris has made its way into the fashion spectrum for fall denim:  the “boyfriend” fit.  These looser fitting, comfortable jeans are one of the keys to the latest Menswear trend, accompanied by tailored blazers, boyfriend fit T’s, and tuxedo details. Boots are always a popular element in a fall wardrobe, and this year they’ve had a growth spurt from last year’s ankle booties.  Over the knee boots were all the rage on runways during fall preview shows, but seem a little extreme for everyday wear. To the knee or mid-calf boots paired with a great pair of skinnies will be warm, functional, and still stylish. If you still want to carry on a chic vibe while bracing the bitter, seasonal weather change, throw on a pea coat or trench for a classic look. However, this fall, military style jackets and leather are going to be popular for those seeking a more cutting edge feel. Polishing off any outfit is the perfect bag, and a “bigger the better” mindset brings functionality and style to an everyday outfit making room for fun accents, buckles, and hardware.