Pink Out Pep Rally Causes Teachers to Dance

Amy Neese

Lauren Tice, Staff Writer

Students gathered in the west gymnasium this morning in celebration of the pink out pep rally. A wrestling mat covered the gym floor, and students and teachers watched in wonder as the name of four teachers were called out.

“I need Ms. Estes, Mr. Scroggins, Ms. Carey, and Mr. Hewitt to come down, please,” Cheerleading sponsor Ms. West said.

The teachers soon learned their fate; they were to compete in a dance-off against a select few Randall students. A total of five students and four teachers matched up on the mat.

As the teachers swallowed their pride and participated in the event, each team took turns dancing to a couple of throwback songs. After each team displayed their best dance moves, the crowd voted and the students took the win.

Lauren Tice, Staff Writer

Lauren Tice is a senior, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She decided to take the newspaper to see if she would like to go into journalism as a profession.

Other interests: Band (Clarinet)

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Strawberry

Favorite Color: Black

Favorite Animal: Dog

Favorite Movie or TV Show: Stranger Things

Favorite Quote: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou