YouTube Headquarters Shooting: Here’s what we know

Rebekah Williams, Staff Writer

A shooting occurred at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California on Tuesday. The shooter wounded three employees before killing herself. Two of the three wounded were released with minor wounds, while the third was in critical condition but was then stabilized. The building  remained closed for the collection of evidence and clean up.

The shooter is a suspected woman with a YouTube channel who has complained before about the changes the company has made to their uploading policies about advertising money, and this is believed to be the motive for the shooting. According to Mercury News, the suspect’s family warned officials that the suspect would be in the Bay area. The suspect was seen visiting a local shooting range just before the shooting happened. Days after the shooting, police learned that the suspect had not owned a firearm for long and must have just recently acquired it. YouTube’s response encourages employees to take time off from work, and states they will be increasing the security of all offices.

Rebekah Williams, Editor

Rebekah Williams is a junior, and this is her second year on staff and first year as Editor. Williams joined newspaper because she enjoys writing and might decide to make that her profession.

Other Interests: Key Club, iConnect, and ASL

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: New York Cheesecake

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Animal: Hedgehogs

Favorite Movie or TV Show: The West Wing

Favorite Quote: “There is not enough time in life to worry about there being enough time in life.”- Atticus