It’s a bad time to be a Rangers Fan

Shea Johnson, Sports Writer/Columnist/Blogger

In the past two weeks, the Texas Rangers have lost several of their most famous names, including catcher Mike Napoli, 12 time infielder Michael Young, pitcher Ryan Dempster, and Al West MVP outfielder Josh Hamilton.

Honestly, I’m worried about the upcoming season for Texas. They haven’t recruited any offensive players, and have lost 4 of their biggest names. Napoli and Dempster signed with the Red Sox, Napoli for 39 million for three years, and Dempster for 26.5 for two. Young went to Philadelphia and Hamilton to Anaheim for 125 million and 5 years.

After being booed for dropping a fly ball in the field at the nail biting end of season, I figured it was only a matter of time before Hamilton left, but I never imagined that it would be like this, selling out his 5 year team to sell out the Angels stadium. And of all of the teams in the AL West division, the Angels were the last thing I expected from Hamilton. His bat is hot when he can get it going, but when he isn’t feeling it, he swings at anything he is thrown and usually ends up striking out on careless swings. Otherwise, he was a pretty good fit to the franchise while he was there. I sure will miss him in the good old red and blue, but I hope the Angels