2009 yearbook recieves state recognition

Last year’s yearbook was awarded the Bronze Star from the Interscholastic League Press Conference Sunday. This award places the yearbook in the top 10 percent of yearbooks statewide.
It was one of 33 yearbooks statewide to be recognized with a Star award from the ILPC, which is an affiliate of the University Interscholastic League, and is one of the nation’s largest state high school association of student newspapers and yearbooks.
“Yearbooks from all over Texas were sent to ILPC for a critique and judging,” ILPC Director Jeanne Acton said. “The judges rated the book and nominated the top books for Stars.”
The Star nominated books went before a panel of judges. The panel decided the Stars.
“More than 50 yearbooks were nominated for Stars, and from that, 33 were selected to receive either a Gold, Silver or Bronze Star,” Acton said. “The judging panel spent hours reviewing the yearbooks. As always, the judges did not have an easy job. Texas has some of the best yearbooks in the nation.”
The award was presented during the 83rd annual ILPC state convention at The University of Texas at Austin April 11.