Christian study group begins

A Bible study is held each Thursday in either Mrs. Weston’s, Mr. Faver’s or Mrs. Huseman’s classroom.

The Bible study was started by senior Lance Williams and junior Caitlin Shaffer to make a difference on the campus. The Bible study normally accumulates an average of about 8-10 people but on some weeks can have around 14-15. Williams said that the best part about the group is that there is not a set leader.

“It is all about group decisions,” Williams said. “Everyone who goes gets to share how they feel about whatever we are discussing that day.”

Shaffer said that their goal was to create a group that was solely focused on furthering God at school. The Bible study group is currently studying the different parables throughout the Bible and that they generally talk about what the other group members want to talk about.

“The Bible study is basically a time when fellow Christians can enjoy fellowship at school, which is a rare thing,” Shaffer said. “We want to be encouraging to anybody that walks through the door.”

Shaffer said that so far she loves what she is seeing in the group but she would like to see more people attend. Williams said that what he expects to see in the future of the group, is whatever God decides to make it into.

“The Bible study is one of those things that I look forward to each week,” Williams said. “It is an awesome time where I can go spend some time with some awesome Christian friends and just be encouraged by all of them.”