Upcoming UIL meets

Along with spring sports, the second semester also kick starts academic UIL practices and meets. Academic UIL provides an opportunity for students to compete against each other academically in different subjects including math, social studies, English, journalism, science and computer skills. Beginning in March, students will begin competing against other schools in the state of Texas in order to make it as far as the state meet.

February 11: The invitational meet will be held here at Randall. Although other schools will come to compete, this meet is for practice purposes and students will not advance to further competitions. All events will be held here with the exception of speech and computer science competitions.

March 24: West Texas A&M will host the district meet where students will compete against other 4A schools in our district. Students who place in the top three of their event will move on to the regional competition.

April 19-21: Students will compete against other qualifying 4A schools at the regional meet. The meet will be held in Abilene, Texas and the top three places will advance to the state meet.

May 21-22: The state meet will be held in Austin at the University of Texas. Students will be competing against other competitors from all over the state of Texas in order to win a state medal.