Randall StuCo runs for district presidency

Chants, skits, songs and dances are all things that high school students in Canyon ISD will be preparing in Student Council (StuCo) as they run for district president at the district convention. Randall will be joining in this race for presidency.

Madeline Sanderson, junior and Vice President of the student body, said this competition will not be a difficult one. So far Randall will be competing against only Dumas. Each school wanting to run for presidency must put together some sort of preparation. Skits, songs, dances, and speeches will all be found at the convention.

“At the district convention we will perform a skit as our campaign,” Sanderson said. “We have high hopes that we will win.”

If Randall wins the race for presidency, the student body will have a few more responsibilities throughout the district. Sanderson said the school be need to host and plan many of the events dealing with student councils around the district and also get speakers for events.

“I am very excited to see where our student body government ends up in the future,” Sanderson said.