Students gather for global day of prayer

See You At The Pole (SYATP) is a prayer rally where students meet at the school flagpole before school on the fourth Wednesday of September. SYATP began in 1990 as a movement of 10 people gathering to pray for their school, and over that last 22 years has grown to millions of students around the world praying around their school’s flag pole.

“It’s a time where believers can get together and pray for each other, our school, our city, our state, our nation and our world,” junior Megan Lawlis said. “It’s a time where you realize you’re not alone in this fight and you have others battling the same battle you are. It’s encouraging to see other people praying for the same things you are. It’s very motivating.”

For the last few years, Lawlis along with Madeline Sanderson and Aubrey McCarthy have been leading the meeting in worship and prayer.

According to syatp.com, the official website for See You At The Pole, “One of the aspects of See You At The Pole is the spiritual harvest that continues on after the event. After students rally together at their flagpole in September, Bible clubs, prayer groups, and evangelism take place all year long.”