College diets on a budget

For most students at Randall, college is less than four years away. Among the normal questions of where to go to college and what to do, there is a question of how to save as much money as possible. Well, there is an easy question to that. Eat cheap. James Buffington, self-named “shopping dad,” educates new college students on how to shop smart in order to save money. His first suggestion is to shop on a generic, non-name brand basis and choose cheaper ideas. Another recommendation of his is to choose food options that can be stretched. Food that keeps well and is filling will last longer. Bread, pasta and rice are all great ideas. 

Buffington puts together a shopping list in his article that fits a standard college life along with other ideas. He even includes a snack a day so that even the biggest stomach can remain happy. Buffington also explains how the reader can spare even more money for non-necessity food items such as Little Debby snacks, a cake mix, or even buying a couple of magazines or books for reading.

For more information:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/03/09/money-college-eating-on-less-than-35-a-week-shopping-dad-sh/

1)      Macaroni and cheese

2)      Ramon noodles

3)      A bag of apples or oranges

4)      Bunch of bananas

5)      Personal pizza

6)      Non name brand chips, crackers, and cookies