Open your home to a foreign exchange student

Have you ever wanted to explore another country or learn about another culture? Meet:

Gun Woo, a 15 year old Christian boy from South Korea who loves to play baseball and soccer as well as skiing and snowboarding. He spent a few years in the U.S. as a child and speaks English quite well, but would love to come study abroad next year to improve his English and experience American life with a family.

Katharina a 15 year old ballroom dancer who also plays soccer from Germany. She’s been on a swim rescue team and adores animals. She dreams of staying with a family who owns horses while studying for a year in the U.S. What better place than Amarillo?

Kawe a 16 year old from Brazil loves sports! He plays soccer and basketball and enjoys running, riding his bike and meeting new people through sports. In addition to sports, Kawe likes watching action and adventure films. He likes watching movies with English subtitles so he can practice his English. Kawe says “I believe my stay in the USA will be very enjoyable for the both parties. I am eager to get to know and exchange experiences.”

Our school has just partnered with the Center for Cultural Interchange (CCI) Greenheart, the well-respected, nonprofit student exchange organization. They are currently looking for volunteer host families to open their hearts and their homes to the above mentioned students in addition to many more here at Randall for the 2013-14 school year. Students come from over 50 countries and are anxious to immerse themselves into American culture, a family and a high school.

Host families influence a student’s life, changing world views, and making dreams come true. When the family is so willing to give, every member has just as many rewarding and enriching experiences as the student.

In addition, CCI Greenheart has opportunities for Randall High School students to travel abroad over the summer. They offer a summer volunteer program in Costa Rica or language immersion programs in Germany, Spain, Italy, France or Costa Rica.

For more information on hosting an exchange student, visit http://www.cci-exchange.com/usprograms/host.aspx

For more information on traveling abroad visit http://www.ccigreenheart.org/greenheart-travel/teen-summer-programs-abroad/

For any of the programs email your local coordinator Lindy Wakefield at [email protected] or 806-570-5983.