Art Club prepares for homecoming

Hanna Edwards, Staff Writer

Homecoming is arguably one of the most exciting events of the first semester. With mums, football and of course, the parade a lot of preparation is required for the week long celebration. The floats must be fantastic and hallways need to be decorated. The Art Club has plenty of spare and artistic hands to help with most of the decorations and preparations. Along with other things the Art Club does, the Homecoming parade is one of their busiest events.

“The homecoming parade is always a lot of fun,” Art Club sponsor and teacher Karen Caldwell said. “It’s fun for the students and the Randall neighborhood. The Art Club is (currently) working on tie dye capes to wear in the homecoming float.”

In addition to homecoming, Art Club participates in events such as Halloween Happening and Breakfast With Santa. The Club meets on Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. in Caldwell’s room, room 604 west. The club is open to anyone interested in joining.

“Art Club really helps students because some of the students aren’t able to take an art class and it helps them get their art fix for the year,” Caldwell said. “Everyone who comes loves art. It’s a great atmosphere.”