Senior commits to Nebraska

The crisp, short grass is still wet with morning dew as senior Justin Jennings reaches for his club. He stares out towards the fairway ahead of him and sets his ball on the wooden tee at his feet. After a quick breath, he relaxes and focuses on the holes that lie ahead.

Justin has been playing golf competitively since age seven. He began playing varsity golf as a freshman and has played ever since. While attending tournaments in Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas City, Albuquerque and Dallas and practicing all summer, Justin was scouted specifically by Nebraska University. Justin recently verbally agreed to attend the University in Omaha, Nebraska.

“I’m looking forward to a chance to play [golf] at a major program,” Justin said. “It’s also a great school so I’m going to get a great education while I’m at it.”

Despite his excitement, Justin said he is nervous about leaving his friends and being far from home. Janelle Jennings, Justin’s mom, said although Justin will be making a big change, everyone is proud of Justin and ready to watch him excel.

“Most of my family members are Husker fans,” Janelle said. “We are extremely excited to watch Justin continue to develop his golf game at the division one level.”

Justin said his focus until he graduates is enjoying his final year with his friends and continuing to practice hard. Upon attending college, Justin said he has many goals and aspirations.

“My goals are to play all four years, become an All American, All Conference and set as many school records as possible,” Justin said.

Although he may not accomplish them all, Justin said he likes setting high goals. Justin said God is the reason he is blessed with the talent of playing golf.

“All of my attention should go to Him,” Justin said. “God is the reason for all of my success.”