Raiders prepare for district

The Randall football team has a bye in week 5. Once that bye is up, district play starts. Randall will begin their district run with their rivals the Canyon Eagles.

The Raiders are currently practicing and conditioning during their bye week, preparing for the tough district ahead of them. Canyon is currently undefeated heading into a game with Monahans, who Randall defeated 34-14 in week 3.

After Canyon, Randall will face 3-1 Palo Duro. The Dons lost to Frenship with a score of 45-41. The Raiders will then play the new to district 3-AAAA Amarillo High Sandies. Amarillo High is currently 3-2. They have lost to Rider and Stephenville, but defeated tough schools like Frenship and 5A Tascosa. Dumas is also 3-2, and will play Caprock in the upcoming week, who is 3-2, with losses to Plainview and Monterey.

Randall looks to continue their winning streak, and make a deep playoff run. The last 2 years, Randall has gone 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, and would like to go even further this year, but they will first have to go through the 5 week competition to win district.