UGG knock off brands made from Raccoon Dogs

The Original UGG brand is made from sheep skin in a humane way by shaving sheep’s wool, but in China they are making fake UGG boots out of Raccoon Dogs and have been a huge trade in Britain.

Not even killing the raccoons before skinning them and violent beatings before it all, the HIS (Human Society International) is looking into what can be done to stop this all. In Australia they are using raccoon dog fur farmed in China and labeling it “Australian Sheepskin” the campaign workers in the HIS have warned about the footwear in the UK being a new trend and it has in Australia. While the law states no product using dog or cat fur may be sold, there is no ban from Raccoon Dogs which is an Asian species that links to foxes, dogs, and jackals.

On YouTube you can find a video created by Swiss Animal Protection, showing the animals being beaten, skinned alive and thrown into a pile. Below are some links for more information and photographs of the parts of the video.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-10-03/home/30237752_1_dog-fur-raccoon-dogs-ugg-australia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045016/Raccoon-dogs-skinned-alive-make-cheap-copies-Ugg-boots.html?fb_ref=LikeButtonTop%20ForceRecrawl:%200

View Comments (1)