Student works to bring others to Christ

The music pounds through his ears. Feeling the beats in his heart, his hands lift high towards the ceiling with no hesitation. The smile on his lips soon begins to sing along with those around him. Swaying to the music, a soft breeze can be felt on his bare skin from the bodies around him, who also lift their hands toward God. Soon the song ends, and senior Briar Cordova takes a seat on the padded pew behind him. He reaches for his Bible, the book in which he reads from and shares with others his knowledge and belief in the Christian faith.

Cordova attends God of Wonders church, where he acquires knowledge that he uses in his everyday life in order to tell others about his belief in God. Cordova also speaks Wednesday mornings to a student prayer group that meets weekly before school. Cordova said he finds spreading the word of God so important because he believes that is the way to get to heaven.

“I study and read the Bible so I can tell others about God,” Cordova said. “I really just try my best to tell others what God is telling me.”

Cordova said his goal is to get everyone to come to Christ. He said he wants to change the darkness of the world into light through God.

“I will tell others about God for the rest of my life,” Cordova said. “I must do this because a person may only hear about God through me, and I could be the reason they go to heaven.”

In classrooms, through Bible studies and everywhere he goes, Cordova said he will tell as many people as he can about the glory of God and how He can change their lives.

“In James it says faith without work is dead,” Cordova said. “So everywhere I go I must tell [people] about God.”

Cordova said he can start with changing the people around him, particularly the people at school. He said prayer is one of his best methods when it comes to hoping for change.

“As a whole, I would like to change Randall into a more Christian-like school,” Cordova said. “I would like to get more people involved in prayer as well.”

Cordova said he hopes to make a difference in students around him by listening, helping and praying for them. He hopes to encourage more and more students to get close with God and be saved for eternity.

“Jesus died for you,” Cordova said. “What will you do for Him?”