Junior red team wins PNE championship

Junior red team wins PNE championship

This year’s annual PNE competition on Sept. 24 started with 17 teams on Raider field. Teams competed in a series of competitions. After each round, teams were eliminated until only one remained.

In round one, each team pushed a tennis ball with their faces, “Hula-Hoop Passed” through their teammates while interlocking hands and passed an M&M to each other by using a straw.

At the beginning of round two 12 teams remained. Each had to complete a three legged race and use a straw to fill a cut with water.

Eight teams remained four round three. In this round, participants competed in the “Baloon Train” where participants had to hold balloons with their bodies while racing down field. If they survived this event, they went on to compete in the baby food challenge where a baby food container was passed along the team and the last teammate in line had to eat it.

In round four, each team received a point for catching a marshmallow covered in ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar and another point if they ate it.

Only two teams remained for the final round. These teams were put through an obstacle course where the first to slide through a mat filled of glibbery goop won the coveted PNE trophy- a toilet seat. This year’s winning team was the junior red team which included Danielle Mendoza, Zoie Marks, Morgan Moore, Kai Long, Kyndal Province, Madelyn Darnell, Jared Jennings, Cade Herbolsheimer, Ben Bandy and Philip Terry.