Repeat champions: PNE winners make school history

2013 PNE Winning team
Ceciley Mason
2013 PNE Winning team

In 2012, for the second time in school history, a junior team won PNE. The Red Team consisted of the team members; Juniors Ben Bandy, Kai Long, Jared Jennings, Straton Smith, Philip Terry, Cade Herbolsheimer, Morgan Moore, Danielle Mendoza, Zoie Marks, Madelyn Darnell, Carli Cordova, and the only sophomore on the team, Kyndal Provence. When PNE came around again in 2013, the team came back, but dressed in blue. The team was mostly reassembled, with the team members of; seniors Straton Smith, Kai Long, Jared Jennings, Jayden Gilbreth, Philip Terry, Cade Herbolsheimer, Madelyn Darnell, Danielle Mendoza, Carli Cordova, Zoie Marks, and again the only junior, Kyndal Provence. The teams had to undergo a series of obstacles including pushing a tennis ball across the field only using their head, passing a wet sponge through the team line and squeezing it into a bucket to make it overflow, and catching vinegar soaked marshmallows rolled in mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard, then continuing to eat it for more points. The Blue team although didn’t win every obstacle, they won most in their category, which then passed them on to the championship of PNE for the cherished toilet seat prize. The senior team won PNE for a repeat for the first time in school history.

View Comments (1)