Introducing New 2018-2019 Staff

Fatimah Dixon, Staff Writer

As Randall students and staff wave goodbye to retiring teachers, the doors for new staff open for next school year.

Kimberly Myers will join the staff at the start of the new school year as Associate Principal. Myers graduated from Tascosa High School, then attended the University of North Texas where she received her Bachelors of Art in Psychology. Later, Myers attended the University of St. Thomas to receive her Masters in Education, and she is currently finishing her Doctorates in Curriculum and Instruction in STEM Education at Texas Tech University. In previous years, Myers worked as an IB Biology Teacher, a tutor for The Tutor Kids Network, a Science Department Administrator and Instructional Specialist, and an Assistant Principal Compliance Analyst at Lamar High School in Houston ISD. In addition, Myers has presented at ISTE on Global Collaboration and 21st Century Learning , and at ASTE on The Impact of Professional Learing Community Collaboration on Teacher Self-Efficacy in Mastery Grading and Assessment.

Replacing current librarian Janette Zamora, will be Joshua Wilson who comes from Sam Houston Middle School. Delma Stokes, who comes from Sunray, will be teaching Biology at the start of next year. Sharon Anderson, who worked in the BIM field at The Youth Center, will replace current BIM teacher Carla Chisum. In addition, two new ELA teaching positions will be filled by Tina Bausinger and Callie Shipley, the latter of the two being a first year teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. However, there are still more teaching positions to be filled by the start of the new school year such as a Math Assistant/Wrestling/Football teacher, an Attendance Clerk, 504/Attendance Clerk, an Assistant Principal, a BIM aide, and a Library Aide (West). In addition, the role of Key Club sponsor needs to be filled as Cassi Unger will be retiring as the club’s sponsor next year.  

Fatimah Dixon, Staff Writer
Hi! My name is Fatimah Dixon, and I am currently a senior at Randall High School. This is my first year of newspaper, so I am excited to start. The reason I even joined is because I love writing, and it may be something I want to pursue after high school. One of my favorite...