Students, Staff Donate to Resource Center

Back to Article
Back to Article

More than 3,800 hygiene items are boxes and ready to be donated to the Guyon Saunders Resource Center.

Jodi Hooten

Jodi Hooten

Jodi Hooten

Randall representatives donated boxes filled of hygiene products to the Guyon Saunders Resource Center today. As a result of a drive, organized by CTE and Career Prep Teacher Jodi Hooten, a total of 3,800 items were collected and donated.

The items included things such as toothpaste, soap, shampoo and conditioner. The Guyon Saunders Center, which is located on South Tyler, offers laundry and shower facilities for the homeless. At the center, the homeless can also receive mail, access computers and use the telephone.

wanted to share that tomorrow morning we will be delivering over 3,800 items to the Guyon Saunders resource center to help with our communities homeless population. I spoke with one of the daytime directors and asked if that time was ok and he actually yelled on the phone about how much that was going to help them. he said they were totally out of toothpaste and almost out of soap. I was beyond excited to tell him that Randall High School was honored to help them. If any of you would like to go please let me know.

Thank you so much for all you have done in helping our community. “to the least of these..”