Nov. 15 Spaghetti Supper to Benefit Student Assistance Fund

Jaycie Day, Contributing Writer

The annual Spaghetti Supper will be from 5:30 p.m.- 9 p.m. on Nov. 15 in the east cafeteria.

All proceeds from this event will go toward the Raider Assistance Fund. This fund is set up to help students in times of need such as buying clothing for students who cannot afford it, students who have lost possessions in a house fire, and students who need medical attention and cannot afford it. Tickets for this event cost $7 and includes a spaghetti dinner and entertainment. Everyone is welcome to participate in this event. The Student Council organizes the event and other clubs and sports teams help as well.

“I had a lot of fun volunteering for the Spaghetti Dinner (last year) and I even got to help out in the kitchen,” Key Club Member Kaitlyn Anders said. “We got to stir up the noodles and warm them up for everybody.”

Some of the fine arts groups have provided the entertainment in the past. This year, theater department will preform after everyone has eaten.

“Last year the Choir team Bravo performed, and it was really cool to see them sing together, and they even had solo parts which I thought was really cool,” Anders said.

Event organizers say this is a great event for the community to come together to show the love and support for Raiders in need.

“We always feed about 500-700 people which is amazing to see so many people supporting the cause,” Student Council Sponsor Darby Norman said. “Every year is different, but there is usually $1,000- $2,000 raised every year.”

The dinner will have meat and vegetarian options to choose from along with dessert at the end. Also, tickets will only be sold at the door, but RSVP is required on Event Brite in order to have an accurate number of who will be attending. If one is unable to attend this event there will also be online donations available depending on where the fundraiser goes to this year.

“It’s a wonderful event that really helps out the Raider families,” Norman said. “I enjoy it every year because its a lot of fun throwing this event together.”