Theater Productions To Perform ‘Elf The Musical’

Theater Productions To Perform Elf The Musical

Coming to the stage next week, November 16-19, Randall Theater will be performing ‘Elf the Musical’  with the help of our Randall band and choir.

This is the musical adaptation of the well known Christmas movie ‘Elf’ made in 2003. In this musical we follow Jarett McDowell, a junior here at Randall, as Buddy the Elf on his adventure to find his dad, Mr. Hobbs played by Dax Betzen, in New York, while on the adventure he meets a Macy’s worker named Jovi, played by Kaitlyn O’Donnell, another junior.

“I felt really excited when I saw I was Buddy,” junior Jarett McDowell said. “I have been working on this role since the summer so it is really rewarding to get the lead role in a big musical like Elf.”

The entire cast and crew are excited to welcome their family and friends to enter the world of Buddy the Elf in the Randall High auditorium.

“I think the play is coming along nicely!” said Lauren Lichtie, a member of the cast. “We have such strong actors and singers in the show and it has gone so well with everyone’s hard work.”

Director Cy Scroggins said the cast and crew have worked hard to make this heart-touching story come to life for everyone to see.

“I am very excited for people to see this show,” Scroggins said. “I think it will make them laugh and touch people’s hearts. I am so excited for everyone to see the amazing students that are in the cast, crew, and orchestra shine.”

Tickets are available on Ticket Spicket for $5 for students and $10 for adults. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the performance will begin at 7 p.m. on Nov. 16-18. On Nov. 19, the performance will start at 2 p.m.