Filed under Uncategorized

Helping with a play competition

Over the weekend, I helped with the junior high one act play competition. The competition was held at Randall and there were four schools competing, Westover, Bowie, Fannin, and Highland Park. I was the host to Bowie, which means I had to go to the room they were in to see if they needed anything, and tell them when it was their turn to have their rehearsal. Having to go into their room, multiple times did make me a little nervous. I didn’t like having to just walk in to the room because I was afraid I would interrupt them, and everyone would stare at me, but the director from Bowie was nice, so that calmed my nerves a little bit. When I would go into the room a lot of the kids would talk to me. I was surprised that I was picked to be their host because I am quiet, and there were a lot of people there to help, but I was glad I got to because it pushed me to do something I wouldn’t normally do. I also think I did a good job. This experience made me go out of my comfort zone. It was fun, and if I get a chance I would help again.