Texas cuts Planned Parenthood funding

After 95 years of successful pregnancy prevention, the House of Representatives recently passed a measure to end federal funding for Planned Parenthood. House passed the amendment by a vote of 240-185. Seven republicans voted for the cut and 10 Democrats voted in favor of the foundation. This eliminated approximately $330 million through the end of September for contraception and cancer screenings. The fact that the government cut funding for Planned Parenthood is unjust. Planned Parenthood is a strong supporter of abstinence which is and extremely important option teens need to know exists. Abstaining from sex not only prevents pregnancy. It’s also full protection against sexually transmitted diseases. In order for future adults and children to be safe in today’s society this foundation is vital. Planned Parenthood also offers other birth control options like giving away contraceptives and the pill. If adolescents are having intercourse, they might as well be safe while doing, because while these options don’t offer 100 percent protection against pregnancy or STDS, they do offer some. Last but not least Planned Parenthood gives choices to someone who is already pregnant. Whether the person chooses abortion, adoption, or to keep the baby, this foundation offers support the whole way. Planned Parenthood is there to help people make the best choice for their child without judgment, a rare quality in today’s society. Rather than completely cutting the funding for this foundation, the government should simply lower the amount of money given to it or cut something that does not majorly affect the lives of America’s future children. Planned Parenthood has saved lives, and it is something thousands of people depend on today.