Corbin Campbell, Sophomore

Back to Article
Back to Article

Corbin Campbell, Sophomore

Gretta Alumbaugh, Staff Writer

Floodlights, adrenaline, excitement, fans, and the thrill of tackling others is what sophomore Corbin Campbell loves about playing football.  Football is a game of strength, endurance, and confidence all of which he posses.  Campbell is an outside linebacker and full back for the junior varsity Raider football team.

Campbell started playing Kids Inc. football in the third grade, then went on to play football at Westover Park and now Randall High School.

¨I love being able to play the sport I love,¨ Campbell said. ¨I worked hard all summer to become a better football player.¨

To prepare for this football season, Campbell works out at the gym daily and joined Panhandle Weight Lifting for the summer. He works out for two hours each day and attended the two hour weight lifting class three times a week.

¨Hard work to me is going above your goal that you set for yourself,¨ Campbell said.

Hard work, determination, and support from his family, friends and team mates drives Campbell to be a successful football player and student. He takes all Pre-AP classes, is in the top 10% of his class and is a member of the National Honor Society.

¨I balance school and sports by doing my school work before games,¨ Campbell said. ¨My education is what´s going to take me places.¨

Gretta Alumbaugh, Staff Writer

Gretta Alumbaugh is a senior, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. Alumbaugh said she wanted to join newspaper because it would look good...