Lady Raiders notch key win over Demonettes

Senior Katie Dudding attempts to make a play

In a crucial match holding not only district implications, but also statewide impact, the no. 2 Lady Raiders volleyball team earned its 28th victory of the season, defeating no. 5 Dumas in five games (25-22, 25-19, 22-25, 20-25, 15-10).

After winning the first two games, the ladies needed just one more win to earn the sweep, but the Demonettes showed resiliency by winning a heated third game 22-25 and then forcing a decisive fifth game with a 20-25 win.  Dumas stayed hot early, grabbing a 3-1 lead before the Lady Raiders were able to charge back and take control by going on a 7-2 run to close the match.

Seniors Libby Strickland and Katie Dudding made yet another huge impact in this game, tallying 18 and 17 kills, respectively.  Madalyn Pepper and Whitney Hunt combined for 30 digs, and senior Macy Ramsey also contributed eight blocks, three of those coming in the final points of the match.

The win advances the Lady Raiders to a 28-4 record on the season and keeps the team undefeated in district play.  The ladies will play their next match Saturday afternoon at Frenship.