Local charities search for volunteers, donations to help with holiday season

Volunteering can change the lives of everyone. Whether it’s reading to children, donating canned food or wrapping Christmas gifts, everyone can benefit from helping out. Many non-profit organizations need extra help during the winter months. Every volunteer makes a difference.

Ronald McDonald House could use volunteers willing to clean, and is also accepting baked items to serve to families staying in the home.

Eveline Rivers Christmas Project is in need of new or gently used toys, coats, hats, gloves and books to distribute during the Christmas season.

Faith City Mission is constantly looking for helpers willing to clean tables and serve meals to visitors.

United Way works with many other service organizations and is always looking for help. An application can be found online for those looking to apply.

Anyone interested in helping out local charities can find more information online. Volunteering can help make the holidays special for everyone.