Mexico City looks to build Earthscraper

In Mexico City, Architects Esteban Suarez,  Santiago Gitanjalli, Jorge Arteaga, Sebastian Suarez, Zaida Montañana, Arief Budiman, Adrian Aguilar, are all working together to create an Earth Scaper. An underground version of a skyscraper.

While room is running out to build new apartments or businesses and the highest you can build is eight stories, apartments, offices, stores, and the Pre-Columbian Museum will be in this underground-upside-down pyramid. The main plaza in Mexico is known as Zacola 57,600 square meters and bordered by the Cathedral, National Palace, and Federal district buildings, this is where the future 65 story deep Earth Scraper that will be built on the old ruins once belonging to the Aztecs.

The top of this structure will be covered by a glass roof to where people can walk across, but how will it work? Flooding, sewage, earthquakes, ventilation, when the Museum will be holding expensive, one-of-a-kind artifacts they are basically just being put back underground.

The Mayor of Mexico, Marcelo Ebrard, has not agreed to see the architects behind this design and idea. Although it’s not official whether or not to build it in Mexico City, this Earthscraper could be used in other cities that need to conserve space or used as an attraction to that city.

http://www.evolo.us/architecture/earthscraper-in-mexico-city/

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/65-storey-earthscraper-concept-digs-deep-into-mexico-city-50005617/