Student makes finals in Deltapine Cotton video competition, wins $2500 for FFA Program

A video sophomore Cat Pawlowski created could soon be airing on public television. 

Pawlowski created the video for the FFA Deltapine Cotton Video Competition. The video was recently named one of two finalists; the other finalist being a student from Lubbock Cooper.  Both finalists will receive a $2500 donation to go towards each school’s FFA program, but only one contestant will win the grand prize of their video airing on television.

The videos, which were required to be between 80 and 85 seconds in length, are  judged and awarded points based upon Deltapine’s criteria. Two thirds of points are awarded based on how well the contestant presented the numerous materials that can be produced from a cotton plant, and how well they highlighted the importance of cotton in their community.  The remaining one third of the points will be awarded based on the number of online votes the contestants receive during the public voting period.

Both videos have been posted on the Deltapine website and is now open for public voting. Voting will close Jan. 25. At that time, a winner will be chosen. To view and vote on the videos, go to  http://www.cottonvideocontest.com/ .