Unread section of Obamacare infuriates Catholic church

Obamacare was passed back in 2012, but a part of it was left out of the spotlight until just recently. According to a section of Obamacare, all non-church religious institutions, like hospitals and schools, have to provide employee health insurance that includes contraceptives, drugs like the morning after pill, and sterilization. This goes against the church’s long standing reputation of being against any kind of birth control option. Students at Randall express their opinion of what this law means to them.

Aly Crawford- 10th

Church andstate have always been separate in America and it should stay that way. This is totally against the Catholic faith, and he has no right to force someone to go against their own beliefs. This needs to be done away with.”

Ian Avila- 10th

“Obama has gone too far. He has violated the US constitution, the first amendment. He has angered Catholics all over the country. It has upset me and all other Catholics because it goes against what we believe. My question is who gave permission for Obama to take control over this. Who’s to say Obama won’t attack another religion?”

Trisha Giromini- 10th

“This all just proves that President Barrack Obama does not care for the US citizens that he supposedly tries to lead. I would be surprised if he happens to hold his office. Obama must learn one thing from not only this mistake, but also from his hundreds of others: If he wants to challenge us US citizens against our founding rights he’s going to be pushing the line, and he’s going to lose.”