Haunted destinations uncovered

Every place has a history, and sometimes that history is dark and mysterious. Some people will claim that the spirits of the tortured people who once occupied those places still linger where they died. Here are the fables from of a few places that are rumored to be “preoccupied”:

• Tradewinds Airport:  A long time ago, an unfaithful husband would often take his girlfriend out to fly, and one day his wife found them. The angry wife then killed both the mistress and her husband, and then proceeded to take her own life. Today people say they can hear the sounds of arguing and see phantom lights in the hanger where the crime took place.
    • Nat Ballroom (“Natatorium”) 6th street, Amarillo: Once a pool and then a popular dance floor and gambling hall, the natatorium is now home to a medley of ghosts. Spirits, who spent plenty of time here before they died, are now supposedly dwelling in abandoned rooms and on the dance floor.
    • Bonanza Supermarket (Currently Gebo’s): The story goes that an employee was once killed at the back of the store in the meat department. The ghost of the employee now haunts the store at night, and is often accused of moving items around.  According to the Texas Haunt society, the current employees at Gebo’s avoid doing nightly inventory.
    • Panhandle Plains Museum (Canyon): Within the museum lies an old ambulance wagon that is said to be haunted by a woman named Sara Jane. People have reported that Sara Jane can be seen standing by the wagon, and that the smell of blood is prominent when she is around. It is also been reported that this ghost causes headaches and unknown feelings of panic.

Special thanks to the Texas Haunt Society and eHow.com