Buyers spend millions on vehicles

Buyers spend millions on vehicles
    PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY CHRISTIAN NICHOLSON

Some people view million dollar cars as a waste of money, and some view them as treasures. Regardless of what side you’re on, million dollar cars are still fun to look at and know about. These cars either define the word luxury, or the word speed, sometimes both.

Here are the nine cars that hit one million dollars or over in 2013:

Hitting number one, at a breathtaking 3,900,000 dollars is the Lamborghini Veneno. The Veneno gets you from 0 to 60 mph in a swift 2.8 seconds and its top speed is 221 mph. Don’t let the speed fool you though, this Lambo is loaded with plenty of luxurious features to meet the needs of anyone who is wealthy enough to own it.

Coming in at second, at a lower but still incredible 2,400,000 dollars, is the Bugatti Veyron Super Sports. This is the fastest street legal car in production, with a top speed of 267 mph and a 0 to 60 time in a sharp 2.5 seconds. The Bugatti does not come as loaded with features as the Lambo, but it still has its share of luxuries like heated leather seats and a very nice sound system. This car is definitely worth every penny.

In third place we have the 1,850,000 dollar Aston Martin One-77. This car is one that defines luxury and speed. There will only be 77 produced, hence the number in the name. It has a 0 to 60 time of 3.4 seconds, and a top speed of 220 mph. This car is definitely capable of reaching ridiculous speeds, but it is also capable of everything a computer could do with its large touch screen. Oh yeah, don’t forget its heated and cooled leather wrapped racing seats.

With the same price as the Aston Martin, the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster packs a punch on the race track, but also your wallet. The Pagani is one of the most exotic cars in the world and one of the most expensive. Identical to the Aston Martin, it can get you from 0 to 60 in an amazing 3.4 seconds, but it will then reach its slightly lower top speed of 217 mph.

In fourth place is the Lamborghini Reventon at a pricey 1,600,000 dollars. Its cost is not surprising, given the fact that there will only be 20 made, and the extremely rare and slick designs make it costly to own. This Lambo’s 0 to 60 time is 3.3 seconds, with a nice side of 211 mph for a top speed. It’s pretty awesome, to put it simple.

With an identical price tag to the Reventon, the rare and crazy fast Koenigsegg Agera R makes its stand. The Agera R can transport you from 0 to 60 in a time machine manner of 2.8 seconds. Here is the real kicker; its top speed is 270 mph! Now THAT is a supercar. This car is the definition of speed, and, surprisingly, the price tag is much more pleasing compared to the Lamborghini Veneno that was most expensive on the million dollar car list. This car, combined with its sleek looks and huge speeds, is most definitely worth every penny. I wish I could have one!

Luxury comes into play in fifth place with the Maybach Landaulet at 1,380,000 dollars. No longer is it all about 2 second 0 to 60 times and 270 mile per hour top speeds, but now all that matters is  luxury and smooth, calm rides. The Landaulet is one of the most luxurious cars ever made, with a roof that completely opens in the back for the passengers, and a whole entertainment system in the back seats. The Landaulet is made especially for CEOs and executives who have their own personal driver. Luxury is a lifestyle and a necessity for anyone who owns a Maybach, and it has no trouble pleasing these people’s needs.

Last but most definitely not least, bringing us back into the realm of speed, we have the Zenvo ST1 at 1,225,000 dollars. Zenvo is a new Danish supercar company that is competing to have the one of fastest and most stylish supercars out there, and they have come pretty close with the ST1. This little ball of speed has a 0 to 60 time of 2.9 seconds, and a strong top speed of 233 mph. There will only be 15 ST1s ever built.