From shy to social butterfly

I’m Natalie Aguirre. As a sophomore, I like to think of myself as a completely different person than I was my freshman year. Not only have I tried to change my overall appearance, but I’ve been a lot more laid back this year. Whether it is wearing a t-shirt and a pair of converse or not wanting to do my Algebra homework until the next morning, I’ve decided to clean up my act and try my hardest to become the social butterfly I should be considering I am on newspaper staff. Three weeks ago, I decided to join Key Club for my second year but instead of sitting in the back of the auditorium during meetings and barely squeezing in my required five service hours, I’ve decided to sit in the front and really try to get involved with all the community work we do.  Recently, we helped at the JDRF Rock the Park and I asserted myself into helping with groups of people I hardly knew. It was a fun experience and I made new friends. Not only that, but I’ve also used interviewing for the newspaper as an opportunity to meet new people. Although my interviewees and I don’t become best of friends, I do learn a lot about them and am glad to have gotten the opportunity to interview them.