Infinity War=Infinitely Damaged: Marvel’s latest movie sends shock waves through fans

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rebekah Williams, Staff Writer

It took 10 years to get to this moment. Stepping into the movie theater almost felt like a dream, and it wasn’t until the Marvel logo showed up without its usual superhero theme that I knew it was a nightmare. The eerie music that played instead warned me of the heartbreak I would come to feel as I watched Infinity War.

This was the first movie where most of Marvel’s characters were in the same movie, and the company easily avoided the stereotypical superhero plot; it was no longer the hero saving the day. The world was not saved and the enemy was not slain. Growing up, I was surrounded by these heroes, and now I would like to go back to those simpler times. The Russo brothers, Joe and Anthony, have directed previous Marvel movies like Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War. 

With great power comes great responsibility, so when Marvel dropped the heart-wrenching ending, I took to the fan base. While some dark things do lurk in the corners, the fans really know how to come up with solutions and explanations for those who can’t/won’t accept the way Infinity War ended. I walked into the movie knowing of some events that would happen, but nothing could prepare me for what I witnessed. This was truly one of Marvel’s greatest movies, but I don’t know if the Earth’s mightiest heroes can save our hearts from the tragic ending of Infinity War.

Rebekah Williams, Editor

Rebekah Williams is a junior, and this is her second year on staff and first year as Editor. Williams joined newspaper because she enjoys writing and might...