Amarillo Hi-Plains Kiwanis Club Offers Scholarship to Key Club Seniors

Fatimah Dixon, Staff Writer

The Amarillo Hi-Plains Kiwanis Club will give a $1,000 scholarship for selected Key Club seniors who will attend a college or university in the fall. A $500 check will be made to the student for the first semester and another $500 check will be made in the second semester after the student provides a copy of their first semester grades. To qualify for the scholarship, the student must be a senior in Key Club, write an essay that describes their activities and human/spiritual values, get Principal Singleton to sign off on a paper, attach a photograph, and have a Key Club Adviser fill out a page on the application. The scholarship recipients will be chosen from their school attendance, their help in church projects, their amount of charitable work, participation in Key Club activities, etc. Those who are selected for the scholarship may have their picture and application information featured at award ceremonies or news releases. In addition, the students who are selected for the award will be notified by a representative of the Amarillo Hi-Plains Kiwanis Club. The entire application must be mailed or delivered in person by May 1, 2018.

Fatimah Dixon, Staff Writer

Hi! My name is Fatimah Dixon, and I am currently a senior at Randall High School. This is my first year of newspaper, so I am excited to start. The reason I even joined is because I love writing, and it may be something I want to pursue after high school. One of my favorite things to do is to sing along to a Frank Ocean song, my favorite artist ever.